Friday, April 13, 2007

Maybe Boys Are Different...







So I always say that I don't buy into the idea that boys and girls are inherently, behaviorally different. I think the way we treat boys and girls from day one has much more to do with how they react to situations than their chromosomes.

Most people think I'm a nut.

Well, I'm starting to have my doubts...

While I was chatting with the neighbors this afternoon, Seamus, Finn and Nick (our lovely neighbor's grandson) spent almost an hour playing "superheros", wrestling and jumping from the concrete steps. Finn wouldn't actually jump - he'd slide down on his belly every once in a while - but the other two ran up the steps and jumped, over and over again.

Now you can see in the pictures, Bridget (some of you might remember from kissing picture fame) stood and watched the boys "rough house." She didn't have too much to say about it all, but my favorite picture is the one where she's standing and just looking back at them. You can almost hear her thinking:
"What complete fools."
It was hard to disagree,
but they sure did have fun...

No comments: