Today needed to be a "head cracking" get everything done sort of day. It hasn't been quite that way...
So after a fun morning play date, I was getting ready to send the boys upstairs for naps. In a matter of a very few short minutes, what I thought was happy playing in the sun room turned into a brawl of "popcorn" wrestling and throwing. These pictures do not clearly show what a true mess the boys created. The friction from the wrestling and the boys intentional crushing and breaking up of the "popcorn" pieces made it look like it was snowing in the dining room. When you sweep up the mess - about 1/3 floats into the air and sticks to your clothes, the walls or whatever it connects with. ARRRRGGGGG.
If I hadn't been through everything that we've been through lately, I'm pretty sure I would have had to call a neighbor or children protective services. Instead, I avoided tears and screaming and took some deep breaths and a few pictures. They were having so much fun. I know that childhood playtime and exuberance are fleeting, but I am SURE the popcorn remnants will live on until the end of time.
3 comments:
Oh Anne - that's enough to send a person to the looney bin. I feel your pain. Kudos for keeping your cool :)
Okay, but you got to admit, that looks like a lot of fun! Especially knowing you'll be finding pieces of those peanuts in your house for years to come!
You got to love it! It’s like indoor snow!
XOXO
Tom and Sabrina
Post a Comment