Tuesday, October 22, 2013

New Jersey/New York Get-a-Way

This year we took the whole family over MEA weekend to visit the East coast relatives.  Grandma Barbara has a wedding in the Kelly family and so we jumped at the chance to see her and the extended family.  We started the trip with a visit to Manhattan. James has a work conference and we took the opportunity to enjoy the city.

We got in very late the first night and didn't get to bed until after 2.  The next day James worked and the kids and I hit Central Park and the Zoo, Rockefeller Center, and Times Square.  Thomas gave us all a run for our money.  He never napped and therefore fell apart at the end of the day. I know, I know, what was I thinking? This trip was probably the peek of Thomas's terrible twos - and as much as we loved him - I think Seamus and I in particular got very close to the end of our ropes. When we met James back at the hotel - Seamus and I took a walk on our own to clear our heads and just get a brake.  We toured the Central Library and held hands walking through the city. He seems so old now - I was grateful for a break from the terrible twos, but mostly I enjoyed having some quiet time with Seamus. It's so much fun to love being with your kids.

Before we headed down to New Jersey we went to battery park to sketch the State of Liberty. We talked about Uncle Walt and all the trips James got to take out to the statue.
























No comments: