Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Birthday To You!

Saturday was James's 35th birthday. We celebrated at the lake with grandma Barbara, Nick & Erin, grandma & grandpa Schneeman.

Sweets, there are not words for our gratitude for you. You are one of a very small company of men (or people) for that matter that truly do everything important well. You quietly shoulder the responsibly that has been rested on you with grace and intelligence. You are a natural father, a man who educates and leads by good example and deeply felt love. You are a husband who make marriage easy even though I know I can be a challenge. You continue to grow in your career without cutting into your family or personal health time. You've transformed yourself into a remarkable endurance athlete not for vanity sake but so that you can show your children how to be fit, healthy and have fun.

I am amazed by you every day. I am grateful God sent you to me. And I promise to do my best to live up to the high, wonderful standards you have set.

Happy birthday, Darling. It's going to be a good year.

1 comment:

Rachel A said...

James - Happy Birthday. I am amazed at all that you do, and Anne - I am ever and always impressed at the power you can pack in few words. You express things so well. I admire you both!