
Seamus crawled into bed with me this morning (our first morning of the summer all alone at the lake) with his book, Marco Polo. We both read quietly for 15 minutes or so, when he put down his book and asked if he could do this every morning in the summer. I said sure, as long as you're quiet. But it made my heart happy to know that yes, he's loving independent reading and that he'll still snuggle with me. He's finished 3 or 4 chapter books since school got out and asked if we could go into town today to check out the library.
I told him that this could be the summer of reading for us, I'm back to reading all the time too. Finn's been carrying around a suitcase filled with books he can't read yet, but now I see its all only a matter of time. A summer of reading will be good for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment