Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Finn finishes preschool.

Finn wrapped up his preschool years yesterday with about six songs, some milk and sheet cake. He started his preschool years at Edgecombe Community center with Mrs. Culbertson and Ms. Nancy. He still talks about missing Ms. Nancy - which I think is the sign of a good preschool teacher.

He's loved Nativity's Early Learning Center (and Mrs. Roger and Ms. Mencke) this year but he is very ready to move up to kindergarten. Kindercamp starts on Thursday and he's been wearing his uniform in preparation (note that the kids are not supposed to wear their uniforms - he's just that ready).

Finn and Will Krumm could very easily spend all their preschool years, grade school years, and high school years together. So here is the first of what could be lots of graduations that we're celebrating together.

Finnypie, I am so excited for you. You couldn't be more ready both academically (you're reading a few words and counting into the 100s) and socially (you are more socially confident and outgoing than you used to be). My heart aches a little because I'll miss you at home in the fall. But I know I'm sending you off to a special place where you'll thrive and grow. We will treasure every moment of this summer together - story time, swimming, hikes through the woods, campfires and cookouts. I don't want to miss a minute of this precious time with you.


1 comment:

jdoughe3 said...

Finnypie -
I plan to have lots of fun with you this summer too. By the end of summer, I also hope to teach you that it's impolite to wear a baseball hat inside.

It's like not wearing a tie when you are stand-in as godfather at baptism (John).

Luckily, these are easily corrected issues.

Love you!