Ahh, MJ. I kept you home from school yesterday and Dad teased me that he didn't think you were really sick. We are in the middle of the second Harry Potter and you'd do nothing else but listen to me read. I am so grateful for these moments.
Today you are wearing a pair of pants to school that were way too big at the beginning of the year - now they just barely fit. When did that happen? You're growing so quickly and quietly that I'm missing it as it happens. You really can't have changed that much? But of course, you have.
Your teacher has nothing but lovely things to say about you - especially your bright spirit and creative mind. We are so grateful for Nativity - Gail's gentle hand and encouragement was exactly what you needed this year. You're going to be sad to leave her behind - you've asked a few times if you can stay in kindergarten - I can't say that I blame you.
Soccer starts this week as well as swimming lessons. We're hoping to help you get a bit more confidence in the water so swimming at the lake will be more fun (and safer).
You're also doing yoga and we've learned that you have a unique talent for it. Mrs. Sullivan, the teacher, told me that you might considered competitive yoga (which is mind boggling to me on so many levels). You can eagerly arch your back so that your toes can flip all the way over and rest on your face. It's called Full Wheel pose - but we call in UNBELIEVABLE. You now say you want to be a Yogi when you grow up - you're already mine.
Yesterday, sitting by the fire, wrapped in Uncle Tom's blanket with you on my lap, I felt that deep sense of gratitude, the feeling that I am luckier than I deserve. Even though we're having a winter that will not end, I feel fortunate to have you still sitting peacefully on my lap, warm and cozy with a good book in our hands and a happy heart in our chests.
You bless us every day, my big Yogi girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment