This picture says so much about you - your warmth, your smile, your love of family. At a year and a half old, you are a cuddler, a giggler, a smiler and a bring of joy. You are fast as lightening around the house, your favorite places to race to are my office and my makeup bag. You're talking little by little. Mostly repeating words but using a few like All done, No, no, Daddy, Mommy, Bye, bye, ball, car, and dog appropriately.
You are so busy now that I have a hard time staying at home with you - we need to find outings each morning or you get into too much trouble. I love taking you to the grocery store or target or the hardware store. You wave at everyone and blow kisses. It's like someone forgot to tell us that you're an international pop star - making ladies swoon all over town.
You like being with me - for now a real momma's boy. Sometimes you think the gym is fun, sometimes you think its torture. I never know which its going to be. You love Matthew Schneeman - he is one of your favorite babysitters and about the only one who doesn't have to pry you out of my arms when I'm leaving.
I'm almost done with your highchair and your port-a-crib because you just seem to want to be a big boy already. You went through an aggressive stage about two weeks ago - you wanted to stand in your chair and crawl out of your bed at all times. Maybe you've given me a reprieve and you'll stay small just a bit longer.
I can't wait for summer with you - walks on the road, real swimming in the lake, sandcastles and 4th of July fireworks. This will be a big summer of first for you - tall and old enough to be measured against the wall along side your ever growing siblings, roasting marshmallows after dinner with the whole family and fishing off the dock.
No comments:
Post a Comment