Oh, Finny, you are so your own man! This week you've written a plan to earn a used Ipod touch - it involves being responsible for making sure the basement is always picked up (which means cleaning up your self but also helping keep the rest of the family on track), being bedroom cleaning captain and being the happy attitude leader of the family. You are so goal oriented. It is unusual for a kid your age to have such clear and self driven focus. You've excelled at swimming and basketball. You love football on the playground and you've made many new friends this year. But still, you love playing with your lions and having time to yourself.
You still like to sit in my lap when we read, but now more often than not you're reading to me. You've got so much capacity - you rarely seem over tired (maybe because you also fall asleep faster than anyone - you get that from your dad) and you always seem to be ready for more. You're the first ready in the morning, the one who has finished his chores and is looking for something to do, the one who finds time to finish homework, play catch, legos, color and read in the two hours after school. Many times I've looked at you and wished I was more like you - wished I was more mentally organized, more self driven, more capably of finding time for "one more thing." It is a gift Finn and you've got it.
Looking forward to a family movie night because I can always guarantee that you'll be my buddy. I am so grateful for your cuddles, your humor and your big spirit. God knew how much we needed you - and I am so grateful for the gift that you are to us all.




No comments:
Post a Comment