Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mr. Seamus

Seamus, I can't believe that this is the year you will be 10.  Now that I am reading Harry Potter with MJ, I realize that you are edging ever closer to that magical milestone of turning 11.  Even though Hogwarts is a happy dream, the reality is even more magical. 

You got a few braces this month - much to your parents dismay, but you haven't complained at all and I know that being able to correctly close your mouth shouldn't be something we drag our feet on any longer. 

You "time" qualified for Finals this year in swimming for the first time - in the past you went because you swam uncommon events and there were more spots than young boys to swim them. Its been fun to watch you swim -  your stoke has improved and you look so strong in the water. You're growing too - which is so strange to me.  You look me almost in the eyes now (which isn't saying all that much - but it feels like a big milestone to me).

You're still inventing all the time.  You love robots and science and of course reading.  You're proclivity to read sometimes makes us crazy because you lose all track of time inside a book. I know its a good problem to have - but its funny that dad and I have had to say that we're taking a book away like some parents might need to take a video game or a phone. 

You're conversations are even more adult now - your nuanced sense of what's happening in the world is still striking to me. I have to be very careful talking around you because I know you don't miss anything. 

I can't wait for the unstructured quality of summer so you can sit in the hammock with whatever series your reading, so that you can swim for hours on end, so that you can enjoy these last few summers of true childhood. I don't want to rush or to miss a minute of it. 

I love you so.


 

 


No comments: