Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday Dad


Today is my father's 76th birthday. We celebrated last night with some linguine and clams, a little strawberry short cake, some good wine and a lot of very loud conversation. I don't need to wax on about dad because the truest blessing for and by my father is that he knows how much he is loved and maybe even more importantly he embraces how much he loves his wife, his kids, his grandkids...his life.

He told some familiar stories and we enjoyed the comfort and very loud solidarity that being together as family brings. He is blessed (maybe because he can't hear that well and with this crowd that truly is a blessing) and nobody knows it better than him. In fact my mother came over today to watch the kids for an hour while James and I completed the refinance of our house. And she told me that dad "yabbed on the whole way home last night about 'all our blessings' and I told him that I'd knock his block off if he said it one more time." Classic.

Here is a link to last year's post after his birthday. Every birthday is a good one - especially for a guy like him. Happy Birthday, Dad.

http://doughertyclan.blogspot.com/2007/04/happy-birthday-grandpa-dj.html

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Schneeman! Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate, but may you have many more!