But I do have to say that I was a little terrified when Eric dropped off Mary Kate, Celia and Greta. The girls entered the house screaming at full vocal power and running around like our floor was peppered with hot coals. Eric looks at me sympathetically (or maybe it was fear) and said "On the way over I talked to the girls about not being so squirrelly..."
At which point (though it seemed impossible) the screaming got louder and Eric hollered over them "Hey girls, what did we talk about in the car?" As if on perfect cue, the girls all stopped screaming, put one hand on a hip and the other pointing their index fingers and said confidently, and very loudly. "Nothing, Dad." And resumed laughing, screaming and running. Eric looked at me helplessly and said, "Call me if you want me to come back and get them tonight..."
Needless to say, everyone settled down after a little bit and we made pizzas, watched a movie and played charades. Some photos from the night including a snapshot of Lizzie and MJ who most people seem to think have a pretty strong resemblance...In fact at church a while ago some guy I don't really know said in full voice as I was carrying MJ up to communion "You can spot a Schneeman a mile away. She looks just like Liz." No hello, no smile, no acknowledgement. He was just making a statement to no one in particular. I'll have to post a baby picture of her and set up a new poll. By the way, who voted for the princess costume? You are no longer invited to her birthday party...
4 comments:
Yikes! So - do you have 5 goddaughters then? What is your official godparent count? It must be a LOT! Looks like a fun time at your house :) We'll send the boys out for a 'lumber party sometime...
That's it- it's official: You two are the bravest people I know!
You guys have to be the coolest aunt and uncle ever!! I bet they'll want to do this every weekend!
4 "official" goddaughters. 1 is 16 (almost 17?) and lives in Chicago, so she didn't attend.
3 MN goddaughters + The party included 2 sisters of goddaughters who couldn't bear to be away from their sisters for a night.
My main observation is that the little girls tend to yell at the movie screen like a bunch of guys watching a football game. Very entertaining. We watched the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. "Go, Azlan" "watch out, Tumnus!" and "Boreas is my favorite" - repeat.
James
Post a Comment