Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Potty Training...

So yesterday afternoon I hear Finn playing in his crib - Seamus is still napping so I figure I'll grab Finn so he doesn't wake up Seamus. As I open the door I can hear something spilling.

Upon closer inspection, I see something is streaming out of Finn's crib. He looks VERY happy. I'm apparently not processing very fast, because it takes me a second to figure out that he has taken off his socks, pants and DIAPER. He threw the diaper on the ground and was peeing through the bars of his crib onto the diaper. Pee EVERYWHERE. He giggled and giggled.

Seamus never even moved in his bed (I hollered pretty loud when I realized what was happening). Finn watched me race around trying to clean up the mess (I was glad for cork floors yesterday) the whole time patting his little buns as if to say "nice work". Nice. Nice.

Seamus got up this morning and came downstairs while I was still laying in bed. I hear this loud thump and than he come racing up the stairs yelling "Mamma, Mamma. The kitchen is scary. It's dirty." Great, thanks.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like its been an interesting couple of days for the Minnesota Doughertys! Lucky those kids are so cute, huh?

Can't wait to spend some time with the little stinkers myself!

Love you, Katie

Rachel A said...

Oh Anne, thank you for that laugh - I needed it today. But you know I'm not laughing at your situation, my time will come... probably in a different form somehow, but it will come, and then maybe you can have a smile on me :)

Andie Dougherty said...

Is this the kind of stuff we have to look forward to? Great...

Andie Dougherty said...

Hi! So it's the day after Halloween and no pictures up yet? Just thought you may need a little reminder :) Hope everyone is well - talk to you soon.