Well, I haven't told James yet (surprise honey!), but I am not able to get photos off the camera right now. Computers don't seem to think it exists. AND unfortunately, I've got Halloween photos as well as Aunt Katie photos. Fortunately, Katie sent me some pictures she took over the weekend (I might be doling these out over the next few days)and we did have a few of the boys in their costumes.
First of all, we had a FABULOUS time with aunt Katie. The boys got filled up with treats but more importantly a brim full of Auntie Love - the best kind. We showed Katie some of the sights of Minneapolis (a common Dougherty complaint is that every time they visit they get to see the inside of our house -and maybe a few Schneeman living rooms - at least Peggy gives a tour of her whole house...)But I think she had a good time, and it made us miss her even more. It's hard with the kids right now, because they don't understand why we don't just all live together. It's a lovely idea.
Secondly, Halloween was a riot. We started the day bright and early at Aunt Helen's - it's a long day as a Pumpkin and a Panda when you start at 7:30. Saw Mary for coffee. Went to music class. Had lunch with Grandpa Dan, NAPPED, trick or treated for a long time in what was not the most desireable Halloween weather. I've got some GREAT Winsor boys photos. Let's just say the picture will (eventually) speak for themselves. Big day for the Dougherty's. Seamus was a candy crackhead yesterday, but today he seems over it. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. I'll be dusting off the Halloween candy from the top of the fridge around Easter I'm guessing. Seamus was the Dougherty standard pumpkin - but around 4:00 he decided that he'd rather be Batman. Infact, since Batman is a festive guy, he was pretty sure Batman would dress up for Halloween, and so he trick or treated as Batman the Pumpkin.
On Saturday afternoon we went to Boo Fest on Grand - we were the only parents who did not dress their children up and so we didn't stay for very long. But Seamus did see an adult man dressed in full Batman regalia crossing the street. Guess what he said? "Where's Robin?" He later concluded that Robin must have been in the Bat-helicopter. Of course. Seamus asked after naps yesterday: "What are you going to be for Halloween?" I said "I think I'm going to be a mommy this year." Seamus replied "That's silly. You sould be an astronaut." Maybe next year, maybe next year...
Ok. Now can't even get Katie's pictures to load...I'll keep trying...
1 comment:
Wow, Anne, I'm exhausted just reading about all you did!
I had such a great time last weekend! I got lots of hugs and kisses from my darling nephews, AND quality time with their parents as well. Who could ask for anything more?
Well, maybe that it all took place on a tropical island where it is always warm and sunny, and everyone we love lives there too, and we don't work, but still never run out of money, and...well, you get the point.
Love you, Katie
Post a Comment