Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hello Again






We're back from out East (actually, it's been a few days, but I'm a little slow). We had a FABULOUS trip visiting all the Dougherty clan which included finding out that Tom and Andie are having a baby BOY! I cannot explain how wonderful it was to be all together again - in part to celebrate the next Dougherty, part to reconnect with all the current goings-ons, and in part to just have that warm feeling of family all around us again. It was lovely. It might have been a little crowded, but it was lovely, none the less.

Seamus was very sad to leave - he asks every morning if we can go back again to Grandma's house (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the plethora of toys and fun treats stored in the attic). We also talk about planes non stop - he's planning another trip soon. Finn decided that NJ was the perfect place to quit the crawling habit for good. He's officially a walking man now and he couldn't be prouder. He also said "Grandpa" a few times to the delight of one man in particular...

We saw a really long train on the way out to Helen's this morning and Seamus asked me where it was going. We have this conversation most days that we make the trip out to Newport. Normally I say, "I don't know, where do you think it's going?" And Seamus replies, "to the North Pole to see Santa." But this morning (honest to God), he answered, Maybe to New Jersey, or South Carolina or maybe San Cisco." He was sitting in the car imagining that this train was a connection to his family all over the country. You can't make this stuff up.

Which reminds me, Seamus has had some other zingers this week. Last night we were driving home from picking James up - it was about 4:30 and we had a very busy night ahead. James and I were trying to chat and catch up on the day. The 4-6pm hours are always a little trying. Seamus asked if we could go to the Children's Museum. I said maybe later - maybe next week. He whined for just a second. Then he was quiet for a few minutes. After which he announced confidently: "We'll go real quick. I mean it, really fast. It might be tricky, but I think we can do it. Ok, Mom. We go right now." James and I laughed - so what part do we think he thought might be tricky? Convincing us to turn the car around and go immediately... Too funny.

I've got more stories which include Finn rounding out a full set of teeth with the last of his pearly whites popping through as we speak. I'll update more tomorrow, my brain is feeling pretty fried tonight.

Love to you all.
XOXOXO

No comments: