After school drop off, Finn, MJ & I went to mass for Bob and Helen Class's 60th wedding anniversary mass. I told the kids we needed to look nice and this is what "looking nice" looks like to Finn. He was so pleased with how handsome he looked - it was adorable. As much as I felt like Seamus was growing before my eyes, my experience with Finn has been even more profound. New parts of his personality emerge every hour of every day - he's becoming much more patient, more independent, but he's not losing any of his affectionate and cuddly qualities. It feels like a golden time. He was a little wistful about Seamus leaving today (who can blame him) but he was resilient and it was as if he turned to MJ and said "Well, we've still got each other, so that's not so bad."
Buddies forever.
MJ is also changing all the time - my favorite new quality is her sense of humor. She is sarcastic and dry (a two year old!!). She doesn't look like it here - which makes everything even funnier to me - but her favorite thing now is to tease everyone (less with her head-butting and more with her words). Who expects a two year old to mess with you?
All together now.
Waiting in line for the bell.
Cousin Lizzy.
Neighbor Leslie.
Together for the last few minutes.
Seamus and Helen on her anniversary.
Seamus & Jack breaking the rules already...
Let's hope there is no rule breaking here...
Awesome, Dude.
In the classroom during orientation.
Proud Mama.
3 comments:
HEY ... I made your blog! I'm famous.
I could cry seeing Seamus in his uniform! Way to go kindergartner!
too cute anne.... too cute!
Post a Comment