Monday, September 21, 2009

25K? You Say? I say, Mimosa!

Two weekends ago, James, Paula and I ran the Cities Lakes 25K race. James, Kate and I did it last year and for some strange reason,we decided to do it again.

Last year I intended to walk with Katie, but ended up running the majority of it. This year I planned on running though I did not plan on training which seems like an error in judgment, but alas it's just how it all happened.

Paula finished in the top 5 in her age group, James ran the whole thing in under 7 minute miles (6:53). I was 31st out of 44 in my age group - so what that means is that I wasn't the last person to finish (YEAH!!!)

Thanks to Bob and Rob for rallying support for us - everytime I saw Rob he looked at me like "why would register to run and race - and run as slow as you are?"

James is thinking about running a marathon now because he thinks that he could qualify for Boston - I'm not sure that he's actually THINKING about running Boston, but I think he likes the idea of qualifying for it. He rocks.

After the race, we had brunch and drink at Craftsman. That was totally the best part. Until next year...

3 comments:

Andie Dougherty said...

One correction..you ALL rock!!

Katie said...

I agree with Andie, good job to everyone! Sorry I missed it this year, but if you can promise mimosas next year, I'm in!

Team Vazac said...

Can you imagine how good the mimosas are going to taste after JD runs his 3:09:XX @ CIM?! Congrats to all!