Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bloom & Grow

Change is a challenging prospect. Nothing new about that. The cliche is true that nothing stays the same (try as hard as we do to hold on). I am a little overwhelmed today by how many things have changed for us in the last few years, the last few months and of course the last few days.

I have so much to post about regarding our time at the lake, but a good example of the pace of growth these days would be the moment of our arrival home. Finn jumped out of the car (to be greeted by Bob and Paula of course) and grabbed the training-wheel less bike (at Bob's urging) and tore off down the sidewalk without training wheels like it was the most natural thing in the world. We hadn't even unlocked the back door of the house. He is just exploding. Here are some pictures from today - biking up and down the street with his favorite people. Something about Finn always makes my heart burst - I wanted to collapse onto the ground as he sped past. Yesterday he was wearing a three piece suit, today he's a bike racer, who know about tomorrow - it is never dull.



I'll add the movies when I can get them off the camera (we're having some technical difficulties with the camera/computer connection).



























Paula and Bob came with me to pick Seamus up from school and it feels so fitting to have them share all these milestones with us. You know they say it takes a village - I am grateful that our village is so generous, joyous and most importantly available!

Paula and her girl, hand in hand, heart in heart. We spent a big part of the morning sitting in front of Winsor's house, watching the kids bike and run back and forth, chatting and looking at Eric's semi's engine (I can recognize a turbo charger now). I think about sending Eric off last summer and now having him to home. He also seems like a new man, in wonderfully happy way. I think he's proud, content and grateful to be back doing all the things he loves with so many of the folks he loves. Jeff left for college two weeks ago and we had a little send off dinner. I think its lucky that Eric is back or I'd have some serious Winsor boy withdrawl. I remember when Jeff started at Cretin - so hard to imagine he's in college now. Change is good and healthy, but still it feels too fast sometimes.


The hibiscus from Paula's garden.














The girlies.

MJ has also blossomed this summer - no more diapers, lots more language and this wonderful sense of humor and timing (I've got to blog about my grandma's wig later).

She spent all morning saying "I bike too. I bike too". Please, darling, not so fast. These photos are the only time she wasn't on Finn's heels all morning.


































MJ and her favorite boys.



1 comment:

Andie Dougherty said...

Can't we invent something to slow them down? They are all growing up way too fast!!