My mom announced while we were at the cabin last week that SHE was taking MJ to get a haircut. My sister Mary buzzed the boys heads the day before we left the cabin - they sat quietly, listened to her instructions and were all around very well behaved. When I buzz their hair in the backyard there is screaming, gnashing of teeth and threats of physical violence. And that's just me. I don't know how she does it, but Mary has the touch and the kids don't look like they've just completed their last round of chemo. Thanks, Mare.
Anyway, my mom desperately wanted to get MJ's stringy mop of hair cleaned up - and I can't say that I disagreed. So yesterday she came over and we took MJ to get her second hair cut at KidsHair. MJ, the minor, was at the onset NOT very excited about this occasion. But settled down once she realized we weren't leaving her. Here are some photos...she is getting so big.
I was reminded yesterday - and a lot over the last few weeks - how grateful I am to be a daughter and to have a daughter. Being with my MJs brings me a lot of joy.
5 comments:
Oh, so that's what a professional hair cut looks like. My daughter wouldn't know. She's never had one. She has to put up with my bowl cuts. Hey, how do you get MJ's hair swept to the side like that? Does it stay that way? We are having issues.
-Katie's friend Lillian
I have now been banned from reading your blog as it makes me want to have at least 5 kids! Maybe I can borrow your three for a summer! Five kids under 5 may change my mind.
MJ is too cute! Thanks for sharing!
I have (almost) been rendered speechless by Baby MJs big girl appearance - and absolutely ADORABLE new hair cut! What a pretty girl. I also love the fact that she's double fisting it with the lollipops.
XOXO
she is becoming such a little lady! I love the new 'do!
Grandma was so worried about the haircut! Glad to see its absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment