As many of you know, James's beloved older brother, Tom passed away very suddenly on March 9th. We've been in Charleston, SC with his wife, new son Connor and the rest of the family pretty much since. I want to thank everyone for your calls and e-mails - when something so bad and so unexpected happens - it is a comfort to see all the goodness that comes out of the clear blue.
We'll be honoring Tom with a memorial mass on Saturday, March 24 at 10:00 AM at Nativity Church in St. Paul. I still don't really have the words to talk about all of this - other than to say that we are greatful for every moment we had with Tom. And we are so blessed to have his wife Andie and their new baby, Connor. I took some pictures of our time together this week - as sad as this whole experience is - there is no joy like that of a new, wonderful baby. And Connor is just pure joy.
There were so many times that I felt Tom with us over the last week: when all the boys slept soundly on the plane at the beginning of the hardest trip we've ever taken, when we were all together and able to laugh, loudly at how funny Tom was, when I saw Andie's strength and grace through such a terrible time and when I got to hold Connor and see his huge hands and feet. We all know that Tom is with us - we'll just miss hearing his laugh or feeling his hugs.
That's enough for now. I'll add some pictures from the week in just a bit.
1 comment:
Words cannot express our sympathy. Our thoughts and prayers have been and continue to be with you. The photos of James and Connor brought a fresh stream of tears - they are beautiful and poignant. Your entire family has been in our hearts more than you can know. I wrote a little something about Tom on our blog...it doesn't do him justice, but I felt like I had to try. We send you a big hug and all of our love. Hope to see you very soon, Courtney and Dominick.
Post a Comment