Thursday, March 22, 2007

Smiles.

There is such heartache, but as hard a week as it was, we did a lot of smiling, laughing and loving. Being together was such a clear illustration of how linked we all are by our faith in God, our faith in each other and our belief that Love is truly limitless. I know that we are just at the beginning of a very hard journey, I can guess there will be anger and fear, but it seems so clear today that we are intimately and eternally connected by family, faith and love.

I cannot see Andie and not see Tom's love. I cannot see James, Katie and their parents and not remember Tom's humor, creativity and generosity. And when we look at Connor, we can still see Tom's living legacy growing and changing. In all this sadness, we reach out to each other for comfort and support, we feel unique and collective grief, and we rely on the fact that the way through is in the arms of the people we love. As you can see in these few photos, there are still smiles and there is still joy. If that isn't the hand of God. I'm not sure what is.







































































1 comment:

Rachel A said...

That first picture with Andie is just beautiful.