
Seamus has FINALLY crossed over into the land of the potty trained. I cannot explain in any way that doesn't sound psychotic how great this feels. I'm not claiming that we're completely done with accidents, but he totally "gets it" now, which is a HUGE milestone. Grandma Barbara spent two days with him and we had him whipped into shape in no time (like I said before, not sure what I would have done without Grandma).
My favorite part of the potty training saga was arriving after a long and hot drive to the lake, Seamus went straight down to the beach and into the water. After a few minutes he looked a little anxious and ran up to me: "Need to go potty, Mamma!" He was looking urgent so we headed into Uncle Eric's cabin and he proceeded to resolve a lot of digestive issues (maybe an entire strawberry shake was a bit too much for a two year old). In any case, Seamus's visit to Eric's one room cabin lingered for quite some time for all 9 family members. Seamus told Eric as we walked back down to the beach "Welcome to the lake."
Hee hee.
1 comment:
Good job, everyone!
Sounds like Seamus is working on his Dougherty boy sense of humor...
Post a Comment