Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mr. Harley Davidson, I presume?



The boys have been sharing extraordinarily well considering that Finn is now all about Seamus's toys. Here's a glimpse at their problem solving skills for sharing the bike - sometimes I'm sure I'm having more fun watching them than they are actually playing.

Yesterday I made an unusual foray into baking. We're being bombarded by apples from the tree constantly and so I started making pies. So far so good (how hard is it to combine apples, sugar and crust, really?).

Seamus got to help with the dough while Finn was sleeping, and after a while my patience had worn thin and so I told him he had to "back up and watch" for a few minutes. At which point he put his hands on his hips, looked me strait in the eyes (he was on a kitchen chair) and told me - "You know better, Mamma. Go chair. Right now. Get happy." Think he's heard that before? For those of you who haven't spent a lot of time at our house, we have a chair that Seamus has to sit in when he's in a sour mood or when he's not listening...

No comments: