So this weekend Julie, Arnie and Eric all came up to check on the cabin and we had the perfect weekend for it. We all skied or snow-shoed across the lake and back - which was quite an effort for the boys - but they did great. Afterward they both asked if we didn't have to do that again until they were much older - in all fairness it was probably a bit to far for a 5 and 7 year old - but they lived to tell the tale. James and I took turns pulling MJ on a sled and she had the time of her life (by the end we were all thinking about a ride in the sled).


Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from the craziest thing we did this weekend. On Sunday it was warmer than 40 degrees and so we decided to walk down to the Big House and hot-tub. It was sunny and beautiful and just one of those perfect winter days. James and I actually sat outside to read our books for a while and enjoy the warm, fresh air (let me tell you 45 feels HOT after a winter like we've had).
After awhile of sitting in the hot tub Seamus decided to jump in the snow - he was followed almost immediately by the other kids. Playing in the snow near the hot-tub somehow escalated into Seamus grabbing a sled, running around the Big House and sledding down the hill in his suit. We laughed and cheered so hard that Finn almost immediately followed suit. After a warm up back in the tub, the boys kept running and sledding, it was ridiculous. So ridiculous in fact that James and I both took a turn.
The boys are much tougher than I am - because the only thing I can tell you about walking in thigh deep snow, in a bathing suit, in FEBRUARY, in NORTHERN MINNESOTA, is that it hurts. As much fun as it was - I will not be doing this again.
Some pictures from our time with Goughs.



2 comments:
Way to put the WIN! in winter! Great post!
Now, let me get this straight, you went across a LAKE on skies, snowshoes and a sled...WOW, we Southerners just don't understand cold:) Looks like such a fun place to be!!
Elizabeth Kuhn
Post a Comment