Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cousin Jason






The week before Christmas we had one of the best treats of the holiday, James's cousin Jason came to visit for four days. I cannot convey how wonderful this was for all of us, each in our own way. I love Jason because he's refreshing, mild, sincere. He was a welcome extra set of hands in last few days of holiday preparation and just being with him helped me stay focused about what's really important.

I've only gotten to know him well in the last few years but he feels like a life long friend because he's one of those people who really knows how to listen, who really loves being with people and who brings out the best in the people around him. I admire so much about him.

The kids love him because he is the best (and largest) playmate any kid could wish for (he also let them watch cartoons on his ipod). He has seemingly unlimited patience and a wonderful youthful exuberance that thrilled the kids (there were lots of tears when he had to go back home).

And well, James, he loves him like a brother. He's been there for us in good times and in bad and we are so fortunate to have him in our lives. I wish we could do it more often, but we'll take what we can get. Some photos from our fun times together.

3 comments:

jdoughe3 said...

And one time, Jason bowled a 267 on the WII. He rules.

Love you, Jason.

James

Andie Dougherty said...

I really didn't like him much before I knew that Wii bowling score...now he's my hero!!

Robin Chancer said...

This is beautiful!! Those pictures are the sweetest. Things. Ever. I very much hope I can meet you all sometime soon!