
The 2009 St. Paul winter carnival kicked off last night with a gala dinner and theatrical coronation of King Boreas REX LXXIII, who happens to be my brother Chris!
The winter carnival is a key survival tactic for those of us who brave the winters here (and this year it does feel like we're braving it). We do all the activities with the kids (James is running the frozen half marathon on Saturday - I will be drinking coffee with Katie and bring the kids to ring some serious cow bell). So the kids know and love everything about the carnival. This morning when Seamus crawled into bed with us, I told him the exciting news, to which he replied, "You mean King Boreas isn't real?" Not exactly what I was expecting, but it was lovely to see that he really believed in the legend. We've already been caught up in the hunt for the Winter Carnival Medallion and hope to get out to do some digging this weekend with our hunting partners (top secret).
We are so excited for Chris (and for the carnival) - this is going to be a great celebration!
2 comments:
The photo on the cover of the Local Section in the Pioneer Press this morning brought a huge smile to my face. Congratulations, Chris! I can't think of a better man for the job.
Hail to the Vulc!
Post a Comment