I wanted to get something posted today, but I just don't have anything to say. We all loved him so much and I guess just weren't ready to face heartbreak like this again. Here are some photos of our precious last trip with him. He was so good over Christmas - so happy again for the first time in a long time. We treasured everything.
Even though we feel crushed, we are still grateful for all the friendship and love in our lives. We have so many 'thank yous' to be said but for right now, all I can say is that I don't know what we would have done without my parents, Chris & Cathy and Bob and Paula. I can't even begin to think about our debt to them. Paula keeps telling me "that's what friends are for" but the truth is so much more complicated. It isn't what friends are for - Sweetheart, its what angels are for. I don't know that we could have gotten through the last few days with out all the help we received.
5 comments:
My heart swells with sadness, I miss Uncle Tom tremendously. He is not with us now, but with the Lord and there is no better place to be. We are all blessed with wonderful memories of Uncle Tom. He was a strong man with integrity and grace. We will all miss him so much. I love you all and will pray for you daily.
--Corey
Love, prayers, and hugs to all of you, Doughertys.
Sarah
We love you, Doughertys! We're thinking of you all day.
You said it - there are no words... Our deepest, deepest sympathy and prayers to all of you. Thankful that you all made time to spend together - the memories are forever.
We love you and are praying hard for you.
Post a Comment