


What can we say about Grandma Dougherty? First of all, Ain't she cute? I've known Barbara for a little more than 10 years now (James has known her a little longer...) I was welcomed into their family with wide arms - and Barbara led the charge of making me feel included and loved. I immediately loved New Jersey mornings at the breakfast table chatting over coffee or late nights sharing some red wine. We never seem to be at loss for things to talk about - and I'm so grateful for all the love and kindness she's extended to me over the years. So I always knew how lucky I was to have a mother-in-law who I respected and loved so much - and then we had KIDS - and Barbara decided to jump into becoming Grandmother-extraordinaire. There are no grandchildren as loved, spoiled and supported as Barbara's.
I hope my kids are able to appreciate as adults the kind of woman who raised their father, who loves them as a grandmother and who loves life in her own right. Barbara is wholly compassionate, intelligent, hard working and totally dedicated to her family. There is nothing more important to her than her kids and grand kids. She was uber-conscious of treating the kids equally - and I think about that all the time now as a parent. We may not get to see eachother every day or even near as often as we like - but her influence and love are never very far away.
Happy Birthday Barbara, thinking of you today and always! We love you!
1 comment:
Wow! When you see Mom's baby picture next to MJ's like that, they look like the same person!
I'm sure that MJ will grow up to be just as generous, loving and fun-loving as her grandma!
Happy Birthday, Mom!
Post a Comment