Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Catching Up

So we're approaching the end of summer and it's been a fun few weeks. MJ is still a peanut, but she's rolling all over and very animated. She's babbling all the time (just like her grandma). Finn seems so much older than he did when MJ was born. It's been wonderful to watch him discover his imagination - he'll spend hours every day playing with his little animals or pirates or dinosaurs (sometimes all together). He's just a very content little boy. He's working on potty training still - we didn't work on it while we were in NJ and then the day we got back we all got the flu so that put a damper on training. I'm back at it today and hoping we'll make some real progress over the next few days.

Seamus and Finn moved into their "big boy" beds last weekend - they are officially in bunk beds now and so far so good. They've slept well - especially Finn who had outgrown his toddler bed and was hanging out of it half the time. Seamus has erupted the last few days. He's changing and growing - seemingly from one minute to the next. He's riding a bike confidently (still with training wheels - but fast enough that he can keep up with us on a walk). He's so excited for preschool to start (tomorrow). And all summer he's only been interested in the baby pool or the shallow part of the lake - he'll swim underwater and hold his breath but ONLY if he can still touch. Something happened in him on Sunday - not only did he enthusiastically jump into the big pool with James (which he used to do only begrudgingly) he actually SWAM. He could make it from the ladder about half way across the pool before he'd start to panic a little. He had so much fun - it was wild for me to watch. I was so surprised and slightly terrified. If some one could tell you when you discovered you were pregnant with your first child that in less time than it took you to finish college, you will go from a hosting tadpolish being, to birthing an 8 pound baby, to watching a walking, talking, SWIMMING person who will enchant you, adore you, and sometimes terrify you; you might appreciate how fast its all going to go.

Seamus asked me this week, "Mamma, where do people come from?" And the most truthful thing I could say to him was "Seamus, we all came from God, and boy am I glad that he sent you."





3 comments:

Sabrina R. Reid said...

OOOH... I remember bunk beds... I was the oldest so I got top bunk! :-P

Katie said...

What a great update! It's almost like I'm there right now.

Almost.

Liz said...

MJ is adorable! she's growing up so fast... and those bunk beds look like tons of fun!