


Sorry we've been off line for such a stretch - we've had birthdays, visitors, and plumbing disasters. Grandma & Grandpa Dougherty came for a chilly November visit - the boys were in hog heaven with all the attention and treats. I'm pretty sure my kids would look like ragamuffins if we weren't supplied with adorable matching outfits and basic play staples. It was lovely having the extra help around the house over my birthday - I got lots of sleep which is the best treat of all.
The house was supposed to be totally inspected last week - but we found several problems. First of all the electrician (James) drilled a screw into an exhaust pipe. No water but air leaks - which wouldn't pass inspection so Tony had to cut into the wall to fix the leak. And just when we thought Tony was going to lecture on and on about letting homeowners do work themselves - turns out TONY put at least 4 nail holes in a different exhaust pipe. Nice, nice. Also the plumber hooked up the steam machine incorrectly and about an hour before Tom and Barbara arrived I found water pouring into the kitchen (the boys were in the tub so I was kind of stuck). Turns out that our beloved neighbor Bob has been saying for months that it seemed like the hole in the bottom of the steam box should be plugged - I don't know what it says that the cop saw in seconds that it wasn't installed right but the builder and the plumber just kept saying - No, NO, that's how it's supposed to work. The only consolation for me is that Bob and Tony are good friends and so knowing Bob, Tony will never hear the end of it.
I haven't had enough coffee yet to feel creative so I'm going to just post some pics and do some more writing later on.
1 comment:
So sorry to hear about the house problems. What a bummer, esp. when you were so close to completion. Still, just think of how wonderful it will be when its all done, and your beautiful house is your own again. Maybe sometime in 2007?
Here's hoping its sooner.
Love you.
Post a Comment