Monday, July 17, 2006

LifeTime Tri Fun!

25 Schneeman family participants started (and completed) the LifeTime Triathalon on Saturday. I hadn't found my camera yet - so we're waiting on pictures from the rest of the family. But we all had a great time and some of us kicked some serious swimming, biking and running butt.

James completed the long course like a rockstar - he finished 52 out of 350 in his age group. They shortened the course because of the record heat - so he was a little disapointed, but by the time he finished I think he was pretty happy he didn't have to run another 3 miles.

I'll post some more pictures when I get them - but boy, did we have a great time!

As for news with the boys, they've been really funny lately. We went to see Shannon play soccer last night and as we were walking into the stadium, Seamus was marching and swinging his arms saying "Here I come Shannon. I'm on my way."

Finn is turning into a real little boy - a little more every day. I took a bunch of video the day of his birthday - I think that we can post some clips from it - but my tech support will have to help with that. Anyway, I took some pictures of the boys playing in their bedroom when they were supposed to be sleeping. When I walked in to tell them to go to sleep. Finn dove down in his crib, snuggled his face into his blanket and said nigh, nigh. He had an enormous grin on his face.

They were laughing in the tub last night - Seamus was playing "keep away" with a spray bottle. It was starting to get a little rough so I told them they had to stop playing. After a few minutes Finn, would find the bottle and climb onto Seamus and try and get him to take it away. Seamus was just looking at me like: "now what, mom?"

The house is coming along really well. I should finish painting and staining this week and Tony is hanging doors and cutting the trim. The floors get finished at the end of the week and carpet comes on the 24th! There is still a lot of work to do, but it's really starting to come together.

3 comments:

jdoughe3 said...

For those of you just joining us - a few definitions:

tech support = James
Tony = Contractor extraordinaire and Seamus' new best friend

We're responsible for Tile, flooring, electrical, painting, and staining. Tony is the wizard behind the curtain for everything else.

Renee Miller said...

Okay, I just wanted to point out that the phrases "great time" and "triathalon" never, ever ever appear near each other in my life.
Congrats on completing it nonetheless! :)

Renee Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.