



I'm having one of those days...some days are long, some days are loony, some days are exhausting, some days are exhilarating and some days are spent walking a fine line between laughing and crying all day long. But today is one of those days when I can just feel how short and precious these moments are.
For Finn's birthday, James and I gave him a collection of classic Dr. Suess stories. This morning we read The Places You'll Go and I think that's what started it all off for me. The boys played in the back yard for about an hour this morning while I read the paper and drank my coffee. It's not that they've been angels today (they haven't), and its not that we did anything particularly fun (though we did go see Maddie's new bird - which Seamus thinks should be named Birdie). It's that it's warm and sunny and summer's half way over already. It's that the flowers are taking off - which only makes you realize how short the season is.
The boys fell into bed this afternoon - faces still a little sticky from orange popsicles. Summer just wears them out (me too sometimes). They are growing so fast, and we love them so much, sometimes it's just too much to think about. You feel overwhelmed by the responsibility of it all, you feel awed by the speed of the development, and you feel a little panic that you might miss something.
I'm pretty sure Seamus thinks I'm a weirdo because I must have told he and Finn 50 times on our walk how much I loved being their mom. Seamus had pretty much the perfect responce. "Thanks mom. I so happy." Me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment