Friday, July 21, 2006

Are We There Yet?

So even though our house remodel project has been moving along ahead of schedule and for the most part we've been thrilled with everything; I woke today with a overwhelming sense that it must all be finish NOW. (If you listen very carefully, you'll all be able to hear James pulse rising, because I am NOT fun to be around when I'm in "clean it" mode.)

I've been without a closet for 6 weeks and pretty much every space in the house is either a.) dusty b.)sticky c.) messy or d.) all of the above. The basement has a chunk of concrete missing from where they needed to check the size of the sewage pipe - not to mention where all the floor paint is chipped from spilled water.

Anyhoo, I'm very happy with the project, but the "crazy Schneeman" woman is about to appear. Sorry James.




We also had a particularly stinky morning this morning. Seamus had the mother of all "accidents" although I quite sure that it isn't an "accident" when you tell your mom you "don't need go yet, mamma." and then race out to the playhouse to have your morning constitutional. Again, childbirth was a cakewalk.

Finn also lived up to his little monkey nickname in that I was greated this morning with poo flinging. Lovely. Anyway, everyone has had a bath this morning (including me). And we're going to have a fresh start to the day. Phew.

We're going to have a busy weekend trying to wrap up some of the almost finished projects and we're going to try and tackle the bathroom tiling. I'm hoping that even though we've got a lot going on - there will be some time for the Tour de France and a glass of wine.

3 comments:

jdoughe3 said...

While my pulse and stress level may rise in correlation to Anne's spurts of cleaning activity; my wife is always fun to be around.

I'm pretty lucky that way. Now, I can't make the same claim about the boys...their fun quotient can be affected by their level of stinkiness. Overall - still pretty fun.

Rachel A said...

Not that I wish a poo morning on anyone, but Anne, I'm glad even supermom has a challenging morning once in a while :) ha ha. This is why you refer to your earlier post when you were having just a perfect summer day with the boys - those far outweigh everything else :) p.s. take notes on the potty training - i'll need help I can tell!

Andie Dougherty said...

I'd like to extend the offer for you to come to SC anytime you get in those crazy cleaning lady moods. James gets some peace, we get a clean house, you get your cleaning issues worked out...we all win!! I'm pretty sure we'd even be willing to pay for your flight down here!!