Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to You (Year 1)!

Every so often, I have moments as a mother and a wife, where even the painfully verbose woman that I am, is left speechless. This morning, cuddled into our bed, still drifting in the sleepy sweetness of early morning, I was reminded again how lucky I am. 

A birthday morning like this, where all our kids can fit happily under our covers and are delighted to lounge and visit and giggle. Soon we'll all be off to other things, some day you won't live under this roof. But I delight in the moment.  I am overwhelmed by gratitude for each of you, for dad, for this wonderful life.

There is no joy greater than happy, healthy children. There is no gift better than family.  





We hadn't met you yet, Mr. Thomas at this point last year.  You made your arrival in the early afternoon. But I can say, we all agree, we don't know what we did without you. 

Thank you for being the best birthday present to us all - we are, especially I am, so grateful for you. 

More later.  

No comments: