Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Morning

We've had a lazy, lovely Sunday morning. We went to church last night and so this morning we had nothing to do but read the paper and enjoy breakfast. 

I just spent 20 minutes sitting by the fireplace, chatting with my mom on the phone. I love this time.  I am grateful that I can just pick up the phone and say hello to my parents - laughing about jammed door locks at the cabin, what we're planning for Sunday dinner and any small gossips from the weekend.  It is a simple pleasure, but a precious one none the less.

I don't know what life will be like when you are my age, but I hope that we have these same kind of simple, small traditions.  I love my parents. I love you. 

I ask you all the time "Who is luckier than you?" And your response is always and emphaticly "Nobody!"  But today, everyday, I know the truth, no one is luckier than me.


No comments: