Yesterday, Finny woke up wheezing and looking run down. We just got back from closing the cabin and I thought his allergies were just giving him a hard time, but I told him he could stay home and go back to bed.
I have a list a mile long of things I need to get done this week - but I mentally put everything aside and planned a day of reading, card playing and napping with Finn. Thomas went down for his morning nap, Finn and I read to each other and played a few rounds of Yugio (Thanks Nick Schneeman for teaching Finn). Around 10:45 Finn looked up at me and said, "You know mom, I think I'm fine, really. I think I should go to school."
I couldn't believe he'd rather be at school, but I had to admit he wasn't wheezing anymore and looked just healthy as could be. So I packed him up and dropped him off, disappointed that I wasn't going to finish my playdate.
Oh well, Thomas and I had a lovely afternoon. It's nice to like spending time with your kids. Its also nice that they like school. But it makes me realize that I need to plan more one on one time with each of the kids - was so fun to sit together in a quiet house and just enjoy the moment (or at least it was fun for me).
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment