Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Birthday MJ!


It's been a long time since I've sat down to blog, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to tell you how grateful we are that God gave you to us to share!

This last year we've seen you change and grow so much, I suppose every year feels that way to a parent, but I cannot help feel sentimental about this last year, you started it as a baby in my eyes, and now you are such the little girl. No more diapers. Lots of language. You are more "you" every day and it is wonderful to watch unfold. Bright. Sunshiny. Vocal. Loving. Loud. Affectionate. Confident.

You tried to tell us when we went on a little vacation this year that you loved us, but that you wouldn't miss us. No matter how many times we jokingly asked, you said "Nope, not miss you at all." I started to feel a little bad about raising a daughter who hardly liked us (you're not a teenager yet, you know), but then I realized that you were so excited about having special girl time with aunt Katie, that you never doubted we'd come back home and that you don't worry too much about anything. Really, that was a wonderful way to leave for vacation, knowing that you feel good about yourself.

You and Finn have become different kind of friends this year. Sometimes you bicker, but mostly you play together like best friends. I love how much you love each other.

Next year you'll be off to preschool - I can't even fathom the possibility that you're growing up at this pace - but alas - I am so happy to be here to watch all these wonderful milestones. I can hear you waking up. I'm going to get my good morning vitamins from you. I hope you remember how much you loved cuddling in the morning. I treasure that time always. We love you so. More later...



4 comments:

Pat and Dee said...

Yay MJ!! Happy day to you :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday MJ! Hope your day is fantastic! You are getting soo big and are such a beautiful young lady! Love, Jack, Olivia & Madi

The Wills Family said...

Happy Birthday, MJ! Love, Anita, Nick, Sam and Jack

Andie Dougherty said...

We hope you had a wonderful 3rd birthday, MJ! We miss you so much and hope to see you soon!!

We love you!
Andie & Connor