



Finn ran his first race that required registration on Sunday. It was a 1/4 mile lap in front of the University of St. Thomas - just a mile from our house.
We were lazing happily after palm sunday mass - eating bagels and reading the paper. Our lovely neighbor, Paula, called to let us know about the race. Seamus immediately said he didn't want to leave (Grandma and Katie were also at the house). Finn chimed up that he wanted to race - so off we went!
He did great - no falling, passed a ton of people, looked happy, and finished hard with a huge smile. 2:35 for a quarter mile - new Dougherty clubhouse record. If I had to guess - I believe his favorite parts were the number (just like Mom and Dad) and the finishers tent (free bananas, trailmix, and water)
We're so proud of our little guy. Anne and Paula both cried - his look of determination was absolutely awesome. Personally, my favorite parts were the giant Finny hugs pre and post race. Looking forward to many Dougherty family fun races in our future.
3 comments:
Finn is my inspiration! Go Finn!
Congratulations, Finny!
And I cried just reading this - can't imagine if I were there! Go Finny Go!!
Love and miss you all - hope you have a wonderful Easter!
Post a Comment