Monday, March 02, 2009

Crabbies

I've got a bad case of the winter blues. I wanted to upload some fun pictures today but the camera isn't working. I have a bunch of work to do on the computer and I can't find any of the information I need to use. I spilled an entire cup of coffee on myself (splashing in my face), the stairway walls and stairs (I am as graceful as a water buffalo). I don't know how to get out of my funk. Usually exercise is the way to go, but we went to a spinning class yesterday and it almost killed me.

I had a brief reprieve from my current rotten state last night - we had a lovely family dinner and watched the Golden Compass (we finished the book last Thursday). On Friday night when I put the kids to bed, I told Seamus that tomorrow (which at the time I thought was Sunday) we were going to have his favorite dinner and watch a movie. He was so excited. Before I went to bed I realized we had changed Pizza night from Saturday to Friday and so he was going to wake up and find out that he had another day to wait to see the movie...He handled the whole thing pretty well, probably better than I did. And so by last night, he was a little crazed with anticipation. It is always amazing to me that he can follow such complicated plot lines and story nuances. I have mixed feelings about TV and movies - but there is nothing better than reading a book we all enjoyed and then watching a movie and talking about how they were different, how curious that someone else's ideas of how a character looked or talked can be so totally different (or exactly the same) as our own. It is amazing to see a fantasy palace, a dusted covered city or a flying machine come to life and it is fun to watch the kids expressions at the creative possibilities that books and movies provide.

More when I can get the stupid (thank God Finn can't read because I'd catch hell for saying "stupid") camera working...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm with you - I'm so tired of winter I think it's making me physically ill. I'm sorry we missed pizza night. I hope it was fun and that we can catch up, for real, very soon. XOXO