Thursday, July 03, 2008

Star Wars & Shadow Tag

A few weeks ago now (sorry) Paula treated the boys and I to a special preview of the Star Wars exhibit at the Science Museum. The boys were so good and we had such a nice time checking out all the costumes and "rides". For a few months now Finn has been in a Han Solo phase, which means that he often likes to announce "I be Han Solo now" and he find some sort of vest/necktie combination. He often sleeps this way. Until we saw the exhibit I didn't realize that Han actually does have a weird collar as well as a vest. I should be paying better attention...








The boys also played a little shadow tag as we were leaving. Seamus kept remarking with a thrill "Mom, I'm so big in my shadow". I felt like seeing the boys casting shadows on the pavement gave a sort of form to how fast I feel they are growing. It's almost as if in the warm, long rays of a summer evening you can see their joy and energy expanding, stretching and changing as they move around you. It was lovely.





No comments: