Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MJ Eats Breakfast...


Well, actually she's been eating dinner, but the boys keep saying she's eating breakfast because she only eats cereal...It's only been a week, and so far she seems less than impressed with Rice cereal, but frankly who can blame her. She is also a moving queen, she's not crawling but on a smooth surface she can really get around...why does it have to go this fast...

As you read earlier this week, James took the boys up north and MJ and I had some bonding time, which was really wonderful on lots of levels. I enjoyed a slower, simpler pace and got to be very self indulgent which included getting coffee from Caribou and grocery shopping at Lunds. Paula entertained me for most of the weekend, and as always, she is a salve for the soul - I've said it before (and I'll say it again) I don't know what I'd do if we hadn't discovered each other those few short years ago.

The boys returned and the house was slightly cleaner, but the mom was very happy and rested and I got the best hug from Seamus - I thought he might not let go. Finn was a little cranky after the car ride - and he was totally starved - but shortly after he got a snack he sat himself down with MJ and talked to her about lord only knows what. He held her for a bit and then just laid on the floor with her singing, chatting and giggling. Oh the trouble they're going to get into together...

Well, the site won't let me post pictures...so more later...

2 comments:

Andie Dougherty said...

I was just wondering this week if she was eating cereal yet and thinking about how big she's going to be when we see you in a few weeks. I can't believe she's almost 6 months old!! I also don't think November will EVER get here - we can't wait to see you all again!!

Andie Dougherty said...

MJ and Connor have the same haircut :)