Dad took the boys up to the cabin this weekend to pull out docks, store boats, burn stuff, clean up, and have some fun. In the past, Anne has always come with us - so we threw in some wife-cuddling. This year, I convinced her to stay behind with MJ and enjoy the weekend - I thought she'd enjoy some quiet(er) time and I thought the boys would have fun up north.
I then began to strategize about our weekend - The testosterone production needed to successfully close the lake can be accomplished by any of the following examples - not limited to the list below.
1) Sleeping on top of the bedcovers - so Dad doesn't have to do laundry
2) Brushing your teeth with soda (sometimes referred to as 'pop' by silly people)
3) Eating chocolate cake for breakfast ("Dad is great; he gives us chocolate cake!")
4) Wallowing in your own filth - by any one or all of the following -
a) don't change your clothes
b) don't submerge in water for 3 days+
c) Commando options - largely due to an oversight in dad-packing
5) Cigar smoking
6) Staying up too late
7) Swimming in water 58 degrees or below
8) Burning anything that isn't nailed down
We were really only able to accomplish #1, #6, #7, and #8.
#2 - Finn's major meltdown of the weekend was because I wasn't supplying toothbrush and paste quick enough - so this didn't work out.
#3 - When I tried to convince the boys they wanted pizza for breakfast - they begged for oatmeal. WHAT?
#4 - The hot tub (at 108 degrees) served as both cleanser and cooker
#5 - actually, cigars kinda make me sick - but Chris and Eric participated...I'm pretty sure 2nd-hand smoke counts
Regardless, I call it a success. At least a few rules were broken, 4 boats/2 docks/2 rafts all out of the water, no one was hurt, and we had some laughs.
3 comments:
You always make me laugh James - the referring to yourself in the 3rd person threw me off for a bit though :) I'm sure Anne just sat around and relaxed all weekend eating bonbons (oh, and taking care of MJ and probably many other never ending chores around the house!) Yeah for boys weekends! Next year we'll send Rob and the boys out to help you. I doubt Ryan would pass up pizza for breakfast.
Nice job with the Bill Cosby reference. Too bad the boys didn't go for it, although it might be funnier because they didn't. I'm not sure, I'll have to consult TBS.
TBS? Do you mean
Triangle Biomedical Sciences?
Or Turner Broadcasting Systems?
Post a Comment