Monday, June 04, 2012

Last Day of Preschool For Mary Jeanne





 

Well, sunshine. Today was your very last day of preschool ever!  Onward to kindergarten and all the fun that elementary school defines.  Last week you had your screening and it went marvelously, you were declared more than ready for kindergarten!  We immediately went up to Nativity and turned in all the paperwork, birth certificate, baptismal certificate, doctors forms and the screening report and you proudly handed them to Rose.
Grandma MJ and Thomas enjoying the songs
You surprise me all the time. I am starting to see how good school is going to be for you - I was a little surprised at how shy you seemed at the screening and at "graduation." As much as I'm going to miss this precious time in our lives, I can see that it will be an important stretch for you to tackle the school day all by yourself.


Mary Jeanne, you are strong, thoughtful, creative, kind, intuitive. You are sunshine on the lives of all those around you.  My blessing for you as we close out this school year and prepare for the next stage of growing up, is that you embrace your talents, share your light and grow even stronger, ever brighter with each new challenge. I thank God for you every day. And especially I am thankful for this summer at the lake where we have a few precious weeks to enjoy this time before you start off into the world a bit more on your own all the time.

Look out world, here she comes!
 




No comments: