Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kindergarten Round Up

I'm not sure if kindergarten is ready for MJ, but MJ is READY for kindergarten. For weeks she has been talking about going to Round-Up.  The day of - she tried on every costume in the house, pirates, princesses, fairies, cowgirl and of course Wonder Woman.  It was almost as if she knew that she was about to embark on a new phase of childhood where she got to "try on" all sorts of new roles and responsibilities. 

Kindergarten might seem sweet and simple to us grown ups, but for our kids this is their first big step out of the house and on their own (albeit for only a 6.5 hours 5 days a week). They get to find their own friends (who are not their siblings or the child of one of their parent's friends). They decided how they want to perform for another adult figure on a regular basis - the kindergarten teacher is like a second, (or third or fourth) parent so you'd better like her (or him). Fortunately, I love Gail Katenmaier. She's helped me become a better parent and our kids have blossomed in her classroom. 

MissyPie, I know fall seems like a long way a way - but I am so grateful to have this time together before you start school. This will be a special summer for us all. When in September the time comes for you to walk along with the boys, we will be proud to send you off on this new adventure, but know that I'll always remember how fun it was when you were just my Wonder Woman. 

XOXO





No comments: