So, I hate to admit it, but it's true: I'm having a hard time getting to everything. School has been great (James is the KING of support), but I recognize that I'm not getting to the blog as much as I should. Kids, be patient, I'm setting an example (I hope its the one that I'm intending). But as busy as school has been, for the most part, we haven't felt too many stresses, in fact it's been fun.
I love playing with the big boys (so to speak) at school, but the kids have been so funny lately. MJ is no longer a baby. The baby phase is gone. She is fiery. She's full of all sorts of opinions and ideas which include manipulation galore (if you say its time for bed, she immediately sits quietly in your lap and cuddles with you).
MJ left the dinner table tonight as I was cleaning up, and I panicked when I saw she wasn't at her chair anymore. I found her typing away, just as she's seen me for weeks, happy and proud as could be... but just as I'm reveling in her brilliance, she took off her diaper and put it on her head...God gives me these lessons all the time - don't get to smart, honey, you don't really know what your doing...
4 comments:
No, you're not allowed to say she is not a baby anymore! Because that means my own child is extremely not a baby anymore, which I refuse to accept. Oh, and I have the same laundry basket. Target?
-Katie's friend Lillian
I love your stories, always. Glad for any time you can give the blog because it keeps us plugged in to the Dougherty family as it grows and changes. Glad school is going well, and no surprise at all that James is a great support :)
Lazy? I think not. 3 kids, a husband, school, you're anything but lazy! Glad to see an update, whenever you get around to it!
Young lady, you get back to your homework and stop blogging!
I don't want to catch you doing any more laundry, cleaning, or sheet changing until all your homework and kid cuddling is done.
I mean it. You've got too much potential - I don't want to hear at husband/professor conferences that you are not living up to it.
Post a Comment