Tuesday, November 13, 2007

MJ on the Move & Other News



Heaven help us but Mary Jeanne is crawling - it started a week ago and she's already gaining speed. This is WAY earlier than the boys and I can hardly say that I blame her (probably best she learn how to get in on the action ASAP) but it seems like it is impossibly soon.

She is such a pleasure (although she likes to cuddle at night - but I haven't done anything to curtail it yet...). She smiles all the time like Finn did - she's her own kind of muppet - maybe Ralph to Finn's Fozzy. Finn is loving being the big kid and he often relocates his play to where ever she is or like today he quietly moved his plate to sit next to the highchair. He has changed so much since she was born - he's more patient, a better listener and more independent.

Seamus is so much fun too - he is still all about Harry Potter. The boys spend all their outdoor time playing quiddich (the game Harry plays). The boys play has transformed from 24/7 wrestling to more imaginative and a bit less terrifying activities. They each have their things - Seamus spends 85% of the day pretending to be on an adventure which includes speaking "parsel tongue" to the snakes living in our walls (another HP reference), "dueling" with Finn (they take turns performing spells on each other - one yells something that sounds like Latin and the other falls to the ground with a dramatic flourish - it is hysterical to watch).




I was telling James last night that Finn has really surprised me in the last few months. He really acts as a bridge between Seamus and MJ. He splits his time between the two - sometimes he likes to lay down next to her and play with his pirates or lions or cars. She'll put an arm on his back or try and get at his toys and he just seems to love being near her (as does she to him). I worried a little about him as a middle child - but his place in the family seems to really suit him so far.

Seamus is the"uber"helper these days - he can check if MJ is still sleeping or bring me a diaper and I've found it so helpful - it is amazing the difference a year makes. I find myself having real conversations with Seamus about what he likes or worries about - and he is so intuitive to my feelings - it's odd to have a four year old ask if you're tired - especially when he's right.






I've got some more pictures and stories from our trip...more later today.

3 comments:

Rachel A said...

I love how every smiling picture of MJ that I've seen she has this huge open mouth which just makes her look ridiculously happy. So cute. Beautiful family. Happy belated birthday Anne!

Andie Dougherty said...

We need some video of MJ's crawl so we can create the new Thriller video for You Tube.

Andie Dougherty said...

Hi guys, I was looking at some old pictures of Tom when he was about Finn's age and they look so much alike! Oh, that smile... :) So now I'm thinking that Connor and Finn may end up looking more like brothers than even Finn and Seamus. Won't it be fun to watch!!

We miss you and can't wait to see you in December! Can you make it be at least above freezing when we come? Connor says PLEASE...ok maybe he's speaking for his mommy.