We we talking about how we want our kids to have a work ethic - how hard it is to be disciplined enough to make sure your kids do something the first time we ask them. And James was talking about how much he feels like he's learned from his dad - how much he feels like he learned about knowing and doing the right thing, doing your job no matter how you feel or what you want and not complaining. He said, "if I could be half the father that my dad is, I think the kids will be alright." We're grateful for Tom because of his guidance, his continuous support, his unconditional love and his great example.
Happy Birthday, Tom. We love you.
![]() |
Link to last year's birthday posting: http://doughertyclan.blogspot.com/2006/11/happy-birthday-grandpa.html

2 comments:
NOTE FROM JAMES: The photo of the Dougherty whiteness was an unauthorized posting by Anne. Dad and I must have done something to anger her.
LOL... Great shots! Happy Birthday!
Love,
Tom and Sabrina
Post a Comment