Here are some photos from our trip to Community Homestead in Wisconsin. We've joined an organic farm that delivers to St. Paul - so far it's been a wonderful thing. The idea was to take more seriously what we eat and how we prepare it - and in the process we get to show the kids where food comes from before it gets to our table or even before it goes to the grocery store. It's one thing to see the beets and the fennel - an entirely different thing to see the cows...but I guess it's a sort of truth in advertising...
Anyway, we all got to see the cows being milked and feed the new born cows (the whole thing was a little odd for a new nursing mother). The boys loved it. Now Andie, Katie, James and I were all ready for a power soaking with some serious soap and water. Let's just say, I learned not to wear sandals to the farm...
I have so many stories from the last few weeks I hardly know where to start...A few minutes ago I told the boys to "get moving" we're going inside to have lunch. At which Seamus responded: "Who are you? Grandma?" Horror of Horror. Not yet, but pretty soon.
Speaking of Grandma, the LifeTime tri is this weekend and the crazy Schneeman's got written up in the St. Paul paper - see link: http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_6329759
Finn's newest phrase (if you can call it that) is YeeHAAA (really loud and then repeat). I'll add some video later.
Seamus also learned a new "sign off" from one of the neighbors. Maddie and Tommy stopped by to say hi this morning and as they were leaving Seamus yelled down the street: "See ya round like a donut..." The kids looks a little confused but I think it was his first intentional play on words.
Oh, there is so much more to get posted...
No comments:
Post a Comment