Monday, July 30, 2007

New Cousins (but not really)



The kids and I had a real treat two weeks ago, we all got to know some "new" cousins. My uncle Peter's daughter, Kristin, her husband Ezra and daughters Sydney and Stella came and spent a week in Minnesota, mostly up north with James and I. Seamus & Sydney (who are almost exactly the same age) had the time of their lives. First of all, they've both read the original Wizard of Oz and so much of the week was spent being the Witch, the TinWoodMan or the Winged Monkeys (no one was ever Dorthy). You've never seen two children so suited for each other. It was wonderful getting to know Kristen and Ezra (I think we'd only met twice in 30 years) it seems as though we've known each other all along. Even though we grew up far apart, so much seemed familiar. We're already looking forward to making more memories as an extended family.

Some photos from the week...






























1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! But I have to ask - what is James wearing for a dinner out with the grownups? Didn't he last wear that shirt for wacky clothing night in Santa Cruz in 2001?

I have the picture, folks, if evidence of this fact is required.