Monday, June 11, 2007

Sorry for the Limited Updates

Paula and Finn baking Rhubard cake!

June 10, 2006 - almost one year ago (above)





Katie and I have been having so much fun that I haven't been blogging (or calling anyone back) for the last week and a half. Here's what I can say about the kids so far this summer:

Seamus is all about swimming in the baby pool - we're hoping to make it to the real pool this week so he can get back into the real thing. He has been asking regularly to "skinny dip" which we've been able to prevent most days...Bridget took a little skinny dip one day last week so it may begin to look like we're hosting a nudist colony...

Finny is suddenly a real boy - most people can hardly tell the boys apart now that I've shaved their heads. It's wild how much they look a like right now - last night Finn was standing by my leg and my brother Eric started talking to "Seamus". He didn't believe me at first that it was Finn. But truth be told, I also confused the two boys last night. Finn was eating corn with Danny's girlfriend Kelly and I asked Katie if Finn had gotten anything to eat yet - she pointed out politely we were looking at Finn it was Seamus who hadn't eaten...

MJ is smiling and holding her head up. She's sleeping for at least 5 hours at a time at night - several night in the last two weeks she's slept until 5:30 without getting up. She is peaceful and beautiful and we are more grateful for her with each day. Her first smile was for her Auntie Katie - it took a few more days before I could actually say she was smiling AT me - verses at Katie while I was watching.

This time of year always gives me a strange sense of how fast time goes - watching the kids play in the yard - you can almost see them growing. The plants are starting to take off and I know that in no time at all we'll be raking leafs and talking about Halloween - so we enjoy every day, each sunny morning and breezy afternoon. I kiss the kids and think how precious every moment is, how fortunate we are for all these gifts. I put in a picture from June 10, 2006 so much changes and yet it also stays the same...

1 comment:

Sabrina R. Reid said...

Ok... Am I being stupid? What's Rhubarb? LOL... Looks like all is well for the MN Dougherties! MJ is looking more beautiful everyday... I love the pic with her and her Aunt Katie... She will be hanging with the boys in no time!
Love,
Sabrina and Tom